Tuesday, October 2, 2012

New Subscription Feeds Coming Soon!

The Android Realm General Announcement

Due to the more dramatic increase in the number of listeners over the past few weeks and the sudden lack of bandwidth to support this increase, I have been checking into the various available alternatives compared to my current podcast host. I believe I have found an alternative where bandwidth should no longer be an issue.

I will be testing the new services offered but as a general format change, the intro and outro music will be at the start and end of the show rather than having a cold open and close. The interim music will be tested to decide on how to best handle the commercial break but the offers will be listed in the episode's show notes as before to ensure you have access them just as easily as before (though I don't anticipate any change to this at the moment).

This transition will occur for Episode 105. I have the RSS feeds for all services ready and will be made available after this episode is posted so I can make sure it has posted correctly. The Stitcher version is currently pending approval so it should be ready on time. Once this transition is complete, I will include a brief post on the old feed to also indicate the transition, which I will also share on all related sites. The Android Realm website will then be updated to include the new subscription feeds.


The episode post on all (of the following) sites will include the new information so there will be no confusion:
The Android Realm website: http://theandroidrealm.blogspot.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theandroidrealm
Google+: https://plus.google.com/109737856080654438056
Twitter: @pateln01